Useful Tips For UX Designer
Be it a website, mobile app or web application, user experience is the crux of product design. The usability, accessibility and efficiency of products are dependent on how well they are designed. As technology is rapidly evolving and continuously influences design trends, designers constantly learn, improve, and expand their design toolkit to remain up to date.
Here are some tips for UX designers that they might find useful to deliver better design results:
- Understand your target audience: It may seem like the most obvious advice but having your ear on the ground helps you understand needs and demands. UX designers can’t figure out the right UX design scheme without having user empathy. Customer journey maps are a great way to visualise the end user’s emotions, pain points, and questions. Knowing the audience and their customer journey helps designers recognise opportunities for improvement.
- Design for short attention span: According to a study, the average human attention span has gone down from 12 seconds to 8 seconds. Instead of overwhelming the audience with too much information, provide content in a digestible format so that people understand the information as quickly as possible.
- Practise responsive design: Google recommends responsive web design. Responsive layouts are fluid and it allows designers to build the best user experience for users of all kinds of devices, be it a desktop, a mobile phone or a tablet. Though responsive web design gives you less control over the design, it is still the way to create new websites.
- Every element should be visually distinct: Each webpage a single definitive purpose. UX designers should understand that purpose and ensure that the most valuable information on the page stands out distinctly. Here aesthetics, functionality and accessibility should all go hand in hand.
- Do not ignore micro-interactions: When designing a mobile app or a website, it is important to keep the big picture in mind. But it is equally important to not ignore micro-interactions. From liking a post to receiving notifications, from scrolling to call to action, there are several micro-interactions that users engage in every time they visit a website or use a mobile app. Though these are tiny design elements, you should care about them as these things make exceptional websites stand out from ordinary ones. The purpose of these micro-interactions is to delight the user and ensure that the website or mobile app that you have helped create is a welcoming one.
- Embrace newer technologies: When it comes to user experience, designers should leave no stone unturned to embrace new technologies. Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) has redefined the way users interact with websites. With AR and VR, users can be transported into an envisioned situation. For instance, virtual try-on technology enables customers to try on products using their smartphones. This helps in making a purchase decision.
- Be consistent: Design elements that will go together should have consistency. For instance, on a website, the cancel button is in a particular area of a dialogue window on a webpage. On another webpage, the button is located elsewhere. This results not just in poor user experience but also leads to confusion.
A website can create a lasting impression on its users. Whether you are looking to get your website designed or looking for creative content for your business, our UX design team understands your customers’ journey and create an experience that builds trust and loyalty from the first click. As a full-service digital marketing agency, we will take care of your website from development to ongoing maintenance.