Tips to Write an Effective Native Ad Headline
Many businesses are realising the benefits of native ads and some of them being — higher click-through-rate (CTR) than typical display ads, can be integrated with editorial content and can be custom-made. Not just that, custom content is seen more trustworthy by the consumers than traditional advertising. If you wish to do something new, unique and creative to get customers’ attention, it’s important to leverage native advertising in your content amplification strategy. For your native ad to work, you have to work on the headline which is the first impression you create on potential customers.
Here are some tips to write an effective headline that you can make part of your native advertising strategy:
- Be concise: The first and foremost thing that a customer will notice is the headline. Therefore, it is important to get to the point straight away. Write a headline that conveys the exact message that you want to convey to your target audience. Keep it short and crisp as you will lose the attention of potential customers with too much text.
- Tell a story: Good advertising is all about your customers and not the product. Focus not on the product but how it can help customers. ‘Too salesy’ ads can be off-putting for potential customers. Incorporate emotions and storytelling into the ad headline so that you can connect with potential customers. The aim is to humanise the brand and inspire them to take action.
- Back your claim: Numbers and infographics are a great way to draw attention and pique interest and make the brand look trustworthy and authentic. When using number and infographics, make sure that you back up the claim with verifiable data — bringing up the trust factor. Though numbers can make a huge impact, when used with emotions, you can send out an incredibly strong and persuasive message.
- Be relevant: Each advertisement has its own tone. You need to find the tone of your message so that resonates well with your target audience. Maintaining the brand tone across channels can help you to establish credibility and create a relationship with the audience. The audience will start. The language and tone that you use in the ad should be clear and relevant, leaving no room for misinterpretation.
- Add a call-to-action: Take the guesswork out of your ad headline by stating clearing what action you wish your audience to take. Most of the time, the call to action focuses on persuading the audience to buy the product or service. However, you could ask your audience to follow your social media business page or subscribe to their emailers. Whatever the end goal of your ad is should be spelt out clearly.
If you are stepping up your advertising game, you will probably be wondering how to create an effective native ad and which are native advertising platforms that will help you achieve your digital marketing goals. As a full-service digital marketing agency, we can help you not just create native ads but also run them on different platforms so that you can reach target customers and generate lead.