May 25, 2021by adminDigital Marketing
Ecommerce Tips And Tricks
Whether you are a startup or an established brand, eCommerce is all about winning conversions. With the average cart abandonment rate across industries being 69.57%, what different can you do to create brand preference in this crowded eCommerce market? Well, besides optimising your site for mobile phones, there’s a lot you can do to revolutionise your eCommerce strategy.
To know top eCommerce business tricks, keep reading:
- Focus on the cross: selling and upselling: Common business tricks that tend to do very well for eCommerce businesses are cross-selling and up-selling. By recommending products related to customers’ recent purchases, you can prompt them to buy more products. For instance, if a customer has bought a mobile phone from your eCommerce store, you could try selling them a screen guard. This is cross-selling. Upselling is encouraging customers to add on more products or go for a higher model. For instance, if a customer is looking for a coffee table set but you sell them the whole living room set that’s an upsell.
- Showcase popular items through video demonstrations: Videos resonate with consumers. Creating videos does take time but they have the largest ROIs of all the marketing strategies. Average user to spend 88% more time on the product pages. Videos featuring products help consumers make purchasing decisions online. Videos allow consumers to take a 360-degree look at the product — a feeling that a brick and mortar store offers.
- Have product descriptions that unique and valuable: To drive more sales on your eCommerce site, product descriptions must have a unique and actionable proposition. The benefits and features of products should be visible to the customers. Avoid putting product descriptions at the bottom of the page. Ideally, they should be above the page fold. Most people do not like to scroll down to read the product descriptions. Good copywriting is essential for this.
- Integrate social media into your website: While your eCommerce website is where the sales occur, social media is where you can generate leads. Being active on social media not just helps build brand awareness but can increase traffic to your website. Facebook and Instagram now allow their users to easily browse and purchase products directly and that’s something you don’t want your business to miss out on.
- Explore business globally: If you are running a small eCommerce business planning to expand globally, there are many platforms such as Amazon and eBay that you can make use of. You can test waters on such portals and see if your products have an international market or not. This will help you to alter your marketing strategy.
- Accept different payment methods: Give people different options to pay for the products on your website. When you are not using a popular payment method, such as an e-wallet, you’re alienating lots of potential customers. Make sure your eCommerce website has the capability to accept the payment methods that you are offering.
Several eCommerce business strategies will help you get different results. As an award-winning digital marketing agency, we can help you with the right combination of strategies. We can also help you to keep up-to-date with new-age technology and stand out from the competition.