Gone are the days when keyword stuffing would get you results. The SEO scene has changed today. To help your business do a better job at reaching out to the target audience, it is important that your SEO content focuses on overall user experience. Working on E-A-T score as a ranking factor helps in improving your chances of ranking well in the search results.
As great content remains the core of successful SEO marketing, we share with you some useful tips:
- Write content that users are looking for: User experience is Google’s ultimate priority. It is, therefore, important for you to align your content with the search intent. This means the content must answer the searcher’s queries. To get this part right, there are several question discovery tools that will help you understand what kind of questions people are asking in regards to the products or services that you are marketing.
- Meta matters: Google crawls web pages from top to bottom. It is, therefore, important that the title tag includes the primary keyword. The title tag, description, and slugs decide the ranking of your page. Avoid creating duplicate title tags and write unique meta descriptions for each page.
- Improve your readability: While it is good to focus on keywords, meta tags and image alt tags, it is equally important to pay attention to the readability factor. Though content readability isn’t accounted for in Google’s search ranking algorithm, it can significantly impact your site’s SEO levels. Using short sentences, bullet points, user-friendly fonts, and infographics can make your content easily skimmable. There are several online tools that can help you check the readability of your work.
- Target multiple keywords: Rather than focusing on only one keyword, target multiple keyword phrases. This will make your content relevant to a wide variety of sources. It is good to focus on the primary keyword but as a content marketer, you can maximise the reach of your content by targeting secondary keywords. When you type your keyword into Google, you will see The “People also ask” section and find additional semantic keywords that are relevant to your topic. Incorporating semantic keywords will increase the likelihood that your site will be shown in the SERPs for the main keyword.
- Make your website mobile-friendly: Google switched to a mobile-first indexing strategy and this makes it important for you to ensure that your website is mobile-friendly. Ensure that all pages on your website are optimised for mobile browsers. This means the text is easily readable, links and navigation are easily clickable.
- Content distribution the right way: Writing effective SEO contents can only be beneficial when they are sufficiently promoted by distributing across the right channels. Some strategies for distributing your content can include:
i. Creating small bits of content and using ‘modules’ to lead your audience through the purchase process.
ii. Customising your content to segment your audience and achieve maximum traction.
iii. Building relationships with influencers can lead to social sharing of your content and thereby result in quality inbound links.