There are no two ways that Google Ads is an effective way to reach out to good-fit customers for your business. Not only can you boost your website traffic, but you receive more phone calls and increase your conversion rates. With Google Ads, you can create ads for both mobile and desktop users. The best thing about Google ads is that your ads will show up on the search engine results page (SERP) at the same time when your prospective customers are looking for similar products and services. Given all these benefits, as a marketing manager, it makes sense to hop on the Google Ads bandwagon.
If you are new to running Google ads, here is a helpful must-read list:
- Write new ads: You would notice that many of your competitors are bidding on similar keywords and, thus, it is important to stand out. A good Google ad is the one that accomplishes the goal of what customers are looking for. If your current ad is working well, it can be quite tempting to just add a second headline and let the new format work for you. The problem with this is that you are using more words to say the same thing. Whenever you are rewriting your Google ad, make it point to supplement your existing ad with information that adds more value propositions rather than stating the obvious.
- Include the most crucial message in the headline: You may not realise but a simple tweak in the headline can increase your conversion rate. Therefore, it is important that you use precious headline space giving the end-user the solution that they’re looking for. The headline should have no room for ambiguity. It should focus on telling prospective customers what they want to hear.
- Remember, headline #1 is far more important than headline #2: For you to get business, it’s important that your ads are visible. For this, you must invest time in your headlines. The first headline and the second headline both are important but you must include the critical information in the first headline. The reason being you don’t know how your second headline will show. Though you can preview the headlines it isn‘t necessary the second headline will be shown the way you to want. It is best to not to leave the critical information for the second headline
- Pick the right keywords: For effective targeting, it is important that you pick the right keywords for your Google ads. You must remember that different keywords have different purposes. You must choose keywords that could help people find you when the people are looking for a product or service that you offer. There are research tools like Keyword Planner that help you understand how often certain words are searched and you can make your ad relevant by using the keywords that align with your business goals.
- Writing Text Ads: Your ad copy is the first impression that you create in your customers. Not just that, a compelling ad text is all you need to drive more clicks and that may result in more conversions. When you are writing an ad copy, make sure that you know what your target audience is looking for and then frame your ad accordingly. To drive more clocks, make sure to include a call to action clearly. They should know what they can do once, they click your ad.
- Track your goals: As a marketing manager, your job isn’t complete with just creating an ad copy. You must track its performance. To do that you must analyse which keywords drove the maximum sale. You have to continuously monitor, evaluate, and optimise the ads. From making changes to things like keywords and ad copy on a regular basis to creating new ad groups, there is a lot you can do to boost your Google ads.
As a marketing manager, you must ace your Google ads game to help your clients to increase visibility on Google. As a digital consultancy firm, we can help you create ad copies, websites and content that can help you meet your digital marketing goals.