Increasing online sales is the primary goal of all businesses, whether large or small. As the world of eCommerce is always evolving, your marketing strategies must be up-to-date. In this post, we’re going to share with you some actionable eCommerce strategies that you can adopt to grow your business:
- Optimise for mobile commerce: In today’s time, if you are running an eCommerce business without catering to mobile users, you are simply ignoring a majority of your potential customers. Numbers show that mobile shopping is the number one driver of e-commerce growth globally. We are past the point where it is a must for every business to have a mobile-friendly app. Now, it’s time to focus on mobile commerce by making specialised considerations to put the needs of the user first. Users should be able to easily get around the app. Address the goals of the users. For instance, for a restaurant app, viewing the menu, making reservations or getting directions should be easy.
- Leverage paid ad campaigns: Paid advertising is a scalable way to connect your ads with searchers actively seeking what you provide. PPC (pay-per-click) campaigns, social media campaigns, pop-up and banner ads increase the quality of your leads by featuring product information that potential customers are looking for. The best part is that you can closely monitor how your ads are performing using tools such as Google Analytics. Social media ads on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest are also great for remarketing and targeting those who escaped the sales funnel. When it comes to the usefulness of social media ads, 72% B2B marketers rely on paid social media ads.
- Setup post-purchase automation to keep customers coming back: The real success of your business lies in turning one-time customers into regulars. Repeat customers are any day better advocates of your brands. Therefore, it is important for you to automate post-purchase engagement so that the customers remain engaged and a single transaction turns into a long-term relationship. By automating email marketing— from on-boarding to cross-selling and upselling and sending anniversary, birthday, and seasonal discount coupons —- you give your customers a personalised shopping experience and save man-hours.
- Plug in revenue leaks: Are your potential customers dropping out on your website? Then you need to identify the reasons and fix them. Tools such as Google Analytics provide you with a tremendous amount of data that tell you at which funnel step, customers are dropping.
- Keep updating your eCommerce software: When you dive into the world of eCommerce, you choose the platform that works best for you at the time. But as technology evolves, outdated software may prevent you from taking advantage of automation and multichannel marketing, then it’s time to update the software. The customer journey should be your priority when choosing the right platform for your eCommerce business.
- Invest in immersive technologies: Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) are revolutionising the eCommerce business. Besides lending your brand a wow factor, these technologies are helping customers preview products in their own environment before making a purchase. Social media augmented reality filters offer increased brand awareness and boost audience engagement.
Each of these eCommerce business strategies works differently. The key to making your marketing strategy work is to select the right combination of tips. As an award-winning digital marketing agency, we can help your eCommerce business scale to the next level. Our directed insights will help you identify which marketing processes you need to fix upfront.