There are no two ways that content marketing is one of the most effective ways of growing audience engagement, improving brand awareness and driving sales. For any business, getting content marketing right is important. It’s not just enough to create content. It is important to choose the right types of content. What may work for one brand may not work for another. To help you understand different types of content marketing, we have broken it down into common categories:
- Blogging: Posting content that is relevant to your audience is an incredibly effective way to increase traffic to your website. Regularly writing high-quality blogs that are optimised for keywords and have a good meta description and titles can help your business gain visibility. With every new blog page, Google and other search engines have a reason to re-crawl your website. Useful and accurate content helps increase trust in your brand. According to a recent survey, 8 out of every 10 content marketers produce blogs to achieve their overall marketing goals.
- Videos and webinars: When done right, video content marketing is a powerful tool to spread the word about your business to a large audience. Videos are usually published on Youtube and other platforms, it can also come in the form of vlogs, webinars, live videos and self-hosted videos. As per a 2020 study, 89% of video marketers say video gives them a good ROI. The best video content are the ones that connect with your audience and the better you tell the story, the wider will be the reach of your video.
- Podcasting: There is no denying that if there’s one form of content that is growing fastly it’s —- podcasting. Even though podcasts are a one-sided medium, their value as a long-term content marketing tool cannot be underestimated. It is a cost-effective way of improving brand awareness and expanding your current audience reach.
- Infographics: The value of infographics lies in the fact they present complex data in a simplified manner. Visual communication is a great way to communicate with your audience as more people are willing to read infographics than just text. Infographics not just ensure better comprehension but also supports the sales process by encouraging readers to act.
- Email: One of the biggest benefits of email marketing is that it has the highest ROI when compared to all forms of marketing. Besides being cost-effective, the biggest benefit of email marketing is that it gives you the opportunity to reach your audience on a platform that most people visit daily — their inbox. It is for this reason that content marketers use emails as the primary channel for generating leads. By delivering targeted messages to reach out to an already engaged audience, emails can help drive up sales.
- Ebooks and Whitepapers: Long-form content such as ebooks and whitepapers allows your business to establish credibility and expertise. These content types deep dive into a particular subject or topic encouraging people to sign up for your newsletters or share their information in exchange for their details. It acts as an added-value tool for your audience.
Every content type works differently. The key to making your content strategy work is to select the right combination of different types of content for your goals. As an award-winning digital marketing agency, we can help your business build an effective content marketing strategy that delivers.