Gone are the days when keyword stuffing would get you results. The SEO scene has changed today. To help your business do a better job at reaching out to the target audience, it is important that your SEO content focuses on overall user experience. Working on E-A-T score as a ranking factor helps in improving your chances of ranking well in the search results.
As great content remains the core of successful SEO marketing, we share with you some useful tips:
- Write content that users are looking for: User experience is Google’s ultimate priority. It is, therefore, important for you to align your content with the search intent. This means the content must answer the searcher’s queries. To get this part right, there are several question discovery tools that will help you understand what kind of questions people are asking in regards to the products or services that you are marketing.
- Meta matters: Google crawls web pages from top to bottom. It is, therefore, important that the title tag includes the primary keyword. The title tag, description, and slugs decide the ranking of your page. Avoid creating duplicate title tags and write unique meta descriptions for each page.
- Improve your readability: While it is good to focus on keywords, meta tags and image alt tags, it is equally important to pay attention to the readability factor. Though content readability isn’t accounted for in Google’s search ranking algorithm, it can significantly impact your site’s SEO levels. Using short sentences, bullet points, user-friendly fonts, and infographics can make your content easily skimmable. There are several online tools that can help you check the readability of your work.
- Target multiple keywords: Rather than focusing on only one keyword, target multiple keyword phrases. This will make your content relevant to a wide variety of sources. It is good to focus on the primary keyword but as a content marketer, you can maximise the reach of your content by targeting secondary keywords. When you type your keyword into Google, you will see The “People also ask” section and find additional semantic keywords that are relevant to your topic. Incorporating semantic keywords will increase the likelihood that your site will be shown in the SERPs for the main keyword.
- Make your website mobile-friendly: Google switched to a mobile-first indexing strategy and this makes it important for you to ensure that your website is mobile-friendly. Ensure that all pages on your website are optimised for mobile browsers. This means the text is easily readable, links and navigation are easily clickable.
- Content distribution the right way: Writing effective SEO contents can only be beneficial when they are sufficiently promoted by distributing across the right channels. Some strategies for distributing your content can include:
i. Creating small bits of content and using ‘modules’ to lead your audience through the purchase process.
ii. Customising your content to segment your audience and achieve maximum traction.
iii. Building relationships with influencers can lead to social sharing of your content and thereby result in quality inbound links.
There are no two ways that Google Ads is an effective way to reach out to good-fit customers for your business. Not only can you boost your website traffic, but you receive more phone calls and increase your conversion rates. With Google Ads, you can create ads for both mobile and desktop users. The best thing about Google ads is that your ads will show up on the search engine results page (SERP) at the same time when your prospective customers are looking for similar products and services. Given all these benefits, as a marketing manager, it makes sense to hop on the Google Ads bandwagon.
If you are new to running Google ads, here is a helpful must-read list:
- Write new ads: You would notice that many of your competitors are bidding on similar keywords and, thus, it is important to stand out. A good Google ad is the one that accomplishes the goal of what customers are looking for. If your current ad is working well, it can be quite tempting to just add a second headline and let the new format work for you. The problem with this is that you are using more words to say the same thing. Whenever you are rewriting your Google ad, make it point to supplement your existing ad with information that adds more value propositions rather than stating the obvious.
- Include the most crucial message in the headline: You may not realise but a simple tweak in the headline can increase your conversion rate. Therefore, it is important that you use precious headline space giving the end-user the solution that they’re looking for. The headline should have no room for ambiguity. It should focus on telling prospective customers what they want to hear.
- Remember, headline #1 is far more important than headline #2: For you to get business, it’s important that your ads are visible. For this, you must invest time in your headlines. The first headline and the second headline both are important but you must include the critical information in the first headline. The reason being you don’t know how your second headline will show. Though you can preview the headlines it isn‘t necessary the second headline will be shown the way you to want. It is best to not to leave the critical information for the second headline
- Pick the right keywords: For effective targeting, it is important that you pick the right keywords for your Google ads. You must remember that different keywords have different purposes. You must choose keywords that could help people find you when the people are looking for a product or service that you offer. There are research tools like Keyword Planner that help you understand how often certain words are searched and you can make your ad relevant by using the keywords that align with your business goals.
- Writing Text Ads: Your ad copy is the first impression that you create in your customers. Not just that, a compelling ad text is all you need to drive more clicks and that may result in more conversions. When you are writing an ad copy, make sure that you know what your target audience is looking for and then frame your ad accordingly. To drive more clocks, make sure to include a call to action clearly. They should know what they can do once, they click your ad.
- Track your goals: As a marketing manager, your job isn’t complete with just creating an ad copy. You must track its performance. To do that you must analyse which keywords drove the maximum sale. You have to continuously monitor, evaluate, and optimise the ads. From making changes to things like keywords and ad copy on a regular basis to creating new ad groups, there is a lot you can do to boost your Google ads.
As a marketing manager, you must ace your Google ads game to help your clients to increase visibility on Google. As a digital consultancy firm, we can help you create ad copies, websites and content that can help you meet your digital marketing goals.
Businesses turn to social media channels for different purposes including increasing brand awareness and brand affinity, boosting sales and gaining visibility in a crowded business landscape. Over here we discuss how some of the popular brands have leveraged the power of social media marketing to meet their business objectives.
Before you take a look at the campaigns, here’s a quick note from our team. We are a team of storytellers, illustrators, marketers and designers working together to create quality, relevant and engaging social media content. If you are looking for a social media marketing agency for your next campaign, get in touch with us.
1. WestJet’s 2019 Christmas Miracle: Uniting Through Traditions: Prior to this social media marketing campaign, WestJet had already completed 7 successful Christmas campaigns. For 2019’s campaign, the low-cost domestic carrier sent Blue Santa to sixteen different countries across six continents. Shot in documentary-style, the video captures different traditions in which Christmas is celebrated across these countries. The video features heart-warming reunions of family members – from parents meeting their far-away daughter or long-distance couples meeting each other. The airlines in this very emotional ad campaign sends out a simple but powerful message: no matter where you are from, the holidays are about being together with family and friends. The campaign shared on the WestJet Facebook feed generated $11 million in direct sales and received 438 million earned media impressions.
2. Starbucks ‘Tweet-a-Coffee’ Campaign: Starbucks through its ‘Tweet-a-Coffee’ Campaign gave ‘catching up for over a cup of coffee’ a new meaning. The ‘Tweet-a-Coffee’ social media marketing campaign let the users send a digital gift coupon to their friends and which the recipient can avail at the designated Starbucks outlets. The innovative campaign changed the way people looked at the microblogging website. Within 2 months of its launch, the campaign prompted $180,000 in purchases.
— Starbucks Coffee (@Starbucks) October 28, 2013
3. Domino’s Lost for Words: There is nothing like the joy of eating a sumptuous pizza and Domino’s captured the feeling in one of the best social media marketing campaigns. In 2016, Domino’s launched custom Snapchat Lenses to capture the reaction of the people when they see a pizza. The reactions resulted in emojis and videos with silly sounds effects.
4. LEGO’s new guaranteed shatterproof truck: As people thought that memes from brand accounts are passé, Lego with its ‘ shatterproof truck meme’ proved them wrong. The world famous toy company trolled the electric car company Tesla by sharing a picture of a ‘Lego truck’, calling it shatterproof. The tweet was a play on Tesla’s new pickup truck which had its windows smashed during its launch.
The evolution of the truck is here. Guaranteed shatterproof ? pic.twitter.com/RocTEkzzwI
— LEGO (@LEGO_Group) November 27, 2019
5. Burger King ‘s ‘Order from McDonald’s’ ad: Fast food chains Burger King and McDonald’s are known for engaging in Twitter banter. And, it was, therefore, quite surprising for people to find Burger King to call on customers to order from McDonald’s. The tweet was sent out to support Mcdonald’s local fast food outlets in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic. Other foods chains like Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and Papa John also got a mention. Such positivity, in the midst of a global pandemic, garnered a lot of attention.
We know, we never thought we’d be saying this either. pic.twitter.com/cVRMSLSDq6
— Burger King (@BurgerKingUK) November 2, 2020
6. KFC ‘Ain’t No Small Fry’ campaign: If you want to learn how to impress your critics, take a lesson or two from KFC. KFC’s french fries were the most complained about product. However, instead of getting defensive, the food chain launched ‘new fries’ with the campaign – ‘Ain’t No Small Fry’. They also amplified the campaign by using not just social media but also national press. This is how you shift perception with a solid marketing campaign!
7. Coca-Cola #RefreshtheFeed: To generate buzz, Coca-Cola cleared its social media accounts on November 9, 2018. The followers were quite taken aback by this move, all the social media accounts remained blank till November 12. On November 13, on the World Kindness Day, the company shared content that was all about positivity. The company used this occasion to reboot its social media presence and emerge as a positive brand.
— Coca-Cola (@CocaCola) November 13, 2018
8. Oreo’s daily twist: There are very few brands that are as iconic as Oreo. So when in 2012, Oreo turned 100, it called for a celebration. The brand launched a 100-day series of cookie designs centered around each day’s news. The most creative thing about this campaign is that it put the product in the centre and weaved content around it. The campaign invited the public to suggest news pegs and select the winning campaign. What an amazing way to keep your audience engaged not for a day or week but for months.
9. IKEA UK store sleepover: Famous for their unique in-store experience, IKEA’s sleepover campaign is one of the best examples of experiential marketing whilst using the power of Facebook fans. Inspired by a Facebook group titled ‘I wanna have a sleepover in IKEA’, the furniture brand in the UK, randomly selected 100 Facebook fans and invited them for a sleepover in IKEA.
10. #WendysBreakfastBattle: The best defence is a good offence. Taking this adage to a whole new level, Wendy launched a campaign asking its Twitter followers to roast its competition including McDonald’s. Both the companies took the battle seriously. While Wendy posted the most popular tweets on a video billboard in New York City’s Times Square. McDonald’s offered a free Egg McMuffin on the day of the Wendy’s breakfast launch.
— HazyThoughts ???? (@bluegrasshaze) March 2, 2020
11. Project #ShowUs by Dove: If you want to tell a powerful story with real people, Dove’s Project ShowUs is one of the best examples. Shattering beauty stereotypes, the campaign gives a fresh look to stock imagery and sets a new standard for authentic representation of women. Basically, #ShowUs is a collection of 10,000+ images that break away from beauty stereotypes and present a more inclusive perspective on beauty for all media & advertisers to use. The campaign urged women to share their images with no photoshop or filters. They have to share the images with the #ShowUs hashtag to become part of the collection on social media platforms. The brand leveraged the power of Instagram/Facebook and Youtube to spread awareness of their body positive campaign. Since the launch, 100,000+ women across the globe have supported the collection. 900+ companies from different countries have downloaded 7,500+ images from the collection and the campaign has garnered 100% positive sentiment.
If you are running a small business, using the service of a digital marketing expert can help you attract genuine leads. Running a small business and managing marketing can be all-consuming. Hiring a digital marketing expert makes sense so that you don’t divert your company’s resources and time away from your business.
If you are running a small business, here are some compelling reasons to hire a digital marketing expert:
● It is reasonable to hire a digital marketing expert: The cost of hiring a digital marketing expert is less costly in the long run than running an in-house marketing team. As most digital marketing experts work on a contract basis, you can cut down overall costs of running an in-house team. Neither you have to pay for their salaries nor you have to worry about staffing issues. It can be time-consuming for your small in-house team to keep pace with changing technology. It can be expensive for small businesses to buy premium services on online marketing tools. You can hire one among the top digital marketing companies of 2020.
● Digital marketing experts have the right tools: Digital industry is an ever-changing industry that requires a variety of skills and breadth of knowledge. When you hire an expert you will have the expertise and experience of a digital marketing expert whenever you need. From SEO strategies to social media marketing, digital marketing experts plan and execute effective marketing campaigns day in and day out.
● Contract work requires little to no maintenance: Small businesses often have short-term marketing needs. Hiring a digital marketing expert can help you with content projects, SEO, digital PR and email onboarding setup. As a business, you pay for the deliverables and results. Training full-time employees and all the related overhead expenses can be quite expensive for small businesses.
● You get objective analysis: It sometimes takes a third person to objectively analyse the performance of your business. Without any bias, a digital marketing expert can help you better your marketing strategies. Moreover, digital marketing strategists work with companies across industries and, this experience of theirs helps them come up with new and exciting marketing ideas.
● The service is scalable: The biggest advantage of hiring a digital marketing strategist is the scalability. As your business grows, the digital marketing expert accommodates your changing needs. In the case of an in-house marketing team, you will need additional resources to expand your team. Digital marketing agencies offer different plans and packages to suit your business needs.
● You can measure the results: At the end of the day, everything boils down to the results. Digital marketing experts help you determine Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and how the campaigns are performing in relation to them. Through audit reports, you will get to know how the audience is engaging with your content and how effective is your social media campaigns.
If you are looking for a digital marketing expert, feel free to get in touch with us. We can help you improve ROI and drive value from our strategized processes.
There was a time when if you consistently produced SEO-focussed content, you had a good chance of ranking on search engine results pages (SERP). However, the same cannot be said for 2020. The SEO landscape has changed. Search engines like Google are constantly updating their algorithm to improve user experience and penalize websites that are trying to manipulate the system.
Experts at our web development and SEO company have rounded up some the SEO best practices that will help your business leverage the power of digital marketing:
● Create SEO-friendly title tags, meta description and header tags: Title tags meta descriptions and header tags demonstrate to searchers what they are looking for. It is, therefore, important that you use them in a way that improves the chances of your ranking. While it is important to create catchy headlines, it is equally important to create title tags with keywords so that it is aligned with the search intent. Meta descriptions are the snippet that shows up in the search results with the title tags and, therefore, it is important that content is enticing and uses the right keywords. Use a heading (H1 tag) to highlight the most important information on your page. Do not use too many H1 tags on one page. It is best to keep the header short and make sure it has the keyword.
● Improve your E-A-T: Ensuring that your content meets Google’s E-A-T guidelines can be beneficial. E-A-T stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness. This is important for sites that run news and gives advice on health, finance and law. By following E-A-T guidelines, you can make sure that the content that your audience is looking for is accurate and backed by reliable sources that the users can trust.
Here’re Google’s suggestions for High E-A-T pages –
● High E-A-T medical advice should be written or produced by people or organizations with appropriate medical expertise or accreditation. High E-A-T medical advice or information should be written or produced in a professional style and should be edited, reviewed, and updated on a regular basis.
● High E-A-T news articles should be produced with journalistic professionalism—they should contain factually accurate content presented in a way that helps users achieve a better understanding of events.
● High E-A-T news sources typically have published established editorial policies and robust review processes.
● High E-A-T information pages on scientific topics should be produced by people or organizations with appropriate scientific expertise and represent well-established scientific consensus on issues where such consensus exists.
● High E-A-T financial advice, legal advice, tax advice, etc., should come from trustworthy sources and be maintained and updated regularly.
● High E-A-T advice pages on topics such as home remodeling (which can cost thousands of dollars and impact your living situation) or advice on parenting issues (which can impact the future happiness of a family) should also come from “expert” or experienced sources that users can trust.
● High E-A-T pages on hobbies, such as photography or learning to play a guitar, also require expertise.
● Secure your site: By migrating from Http to Https, your business can boost its credibility factor. Since 2014, Google announced that it would be showing a preference for Https sites in search results. Https provides your users with a safe and secure browsing experience and is a lightweight Google ranking factor., you are likely to retain them. To know whether your website is secure or not, look at the URL, if there is a lock sign, then you are good to go. You can get an insight into your website speed by using Google’s Pagespeed Insights tool .
● Speed up your website: If your website is taking time to load, then you are losing visitors even before they see your services and products. This can adversely affect your potential conversions. From the site’s code and server load to image size, there can be a host of factors that could be affecting your website load speed. Some of the issues can be fixed easily while others may need extra technical support. Page speed is a ranking factor for desktop since 2010, and for mobile since 2018.
For your digital success, it is important that your website is SEO-optimised. As a web development and SEO company, we can help you create websites that can help you meet your digital goals. From the development of your website to managing your marketing activities, we are a one-stop-shop for all your digital marketing needs.
Is your business on Instagram? If not, you better have a good reason for it. Instagram is a powerful marketing platform that is hard to ignore. The platform has the potential to bring in many new customers. Just like any other social media platform, the key to the market on Instagram is to build an engaged following that can in future become your customer base. If you are a business owner who is looking for ways to up your Instagram marketing game, we have rounded some of the best marketing tips for you:
Make sure you have a business account: Having a business profile on Instagram gives you access to Instagram Insights, advertise on the platform, and make promoted posts. One of the clear benefits of Instagram Insights is that you get all the essential data you need to know about your account. It will help you know whether the content you are sharing is working or not. A business profile allows you to advertise on the platform, without needing to use Facebook’s advertising tools. The ‘locations’ tab on Instagram can help you attract local business.
Create beautiful visuals: Success in Instagram marketing is based on three things: Images, images, and images. The higher-quality your images are, the more professional your Instagram profile will look. Identify the kind of visual content that your audience likes to engage with and effectively produce such content.
Get the hashtags right: To reach a huge audience, ace the hashtag game. You need to be strategic about which hashtags you should use and how you use them together. One common mistake brands often make is that they use random hashtags. However, the best and quick way to increase your brand’s visibility is to use hashtags that are trending.
Have an influencer marketing strategy in place: One of the best ways to build up your Instagram following is influencer marketing. To get your influencer marketing strategy right, you don’t need huge budgets. Non-celeb influencers with engaged followers can make it affordable and easy to market your product or service. Don’t choose the influencers just on the basis of the number of followers. Make sure that the content they post has resonance and relevance with your brand.
Instagram is a powerful online marketing place for companies and brands. Hiring a digital marketing agency like ours can help you link social media with your marketing activities. As a full-service digital marketing agency, we can take care of all your marketing needs so that you can focus on running your business.
Running your own business while working with an in-house team to run digital marketing campaigns can be tedious. Training, on-boarding and managing an in-house team take up your resources and time. Hiring a digital marketing consultant can not just lift the burden off your shoulder but it will take the guesswork out of your digital marketing strategy. With a digital marketing consultant, all you need to do is choose the package that suits your business, share your goals and the timeframe. Sounds simple? Bringing a pro can help you get a great return on your investment. But how do you hire one?
Over here we share with you some simple and practical tips that will help you hire a digital marketing consultant:
Assess your needs and budget: Before you outsource your digital marketing to a consultant, you need to assess your needs and expectations. There are time-based projects and performance-based projects. You need to strike a balance between the two and choose as per your current needs. Are you launching a new product or do you wish to expand your existing customer base? Answers to these questions will help you narrow down your goals which will make communication between you and a digital marketing consultant effective.
Do your research: It is not very difficult to find the best digital marketing consultants. They will be speaking at big conferences and participate in big industry events. LinkedIn is arguably one of the most important social media sites where you can go through profiles of different digital marketing consultants and check their accomplishments.
Qualities to look for: The first and foremost thing that you should look for in digital marketing consultants is the ability to empathise with your business and the customers you are trying to reach. Unique perspectives, original ideas, insightful recommendations and innovations are something that you should take into consideration.
Eagerness to learn: As the digital marketing landscape is always evolving, go for a digital marketing consultant who is eager to learn the latest marketing best practices and which practices can help your business grow.
Go for the best value: Picking a digital marketing consultant just because he/she quotes the lowest price won’t help you in the long-run. Price is indeed an important factor to consider but first, you need to make sure that the digital marketing consultant you are planning to hire is a pro and has good work to show.
If you’re looking for digital marketing consultancy services, feel free to get in touch with us. As a full-service digital marketing agency, we can help you navigate through the different aspects of digital marketing and deliver outcome-focused digital consulting that is tailored to the needs and expectations of your business. To know more about our digital marketing agency packages, get in touch with us.
Your website is up and running. Your products are promoted on all social media platforms. But yet the sales aren’t just quite what you expect them to be. In today’s overcrowded digital landscape, to make a mark for your products, you need to continuously work on digital marketing strategies to increase the quality of your leads which will eventually turn into sales. But how do you do that? Well, today we are going to share practical eCommerce digital marketing tips with you that will help you stay ahead in the game.
- Mobile-friendly website: The traffic from mobile devices is taking over the desktop. In fact, it accounts for approximately half of web traffic worldwide It is an absolute must that your website should be mobile-friendly. Make sure your site is properly indexed to be competitive in the SERPs.
Hire us to help you with an overall digital marketing strategy to boost your lead generation. Success in e-commerce can be achieved by leveraging the potential of omnichannel marketing. Promoting your message in a relevant and engaging way and in a seamless manner among different networks Facebook, Instagram, email, YouTube videos—can help you connect and with consumers and ultimately facilitate a purchase.
- Investing in excellent product photography: There are no two ways that photos do a better job of telling stories, conveying emotion, selling products & services. Investing in excellent product photography and correctly optimising images with keyword-focused alt tags will give your products a better chance. Use photographs not just to sell, but also to tell stories, engage customers in conversation and to personalise your brand.
- Building trust: As an eCommerce business owner, you understand the role trust plays when it comes to determining the credibility of your brand. Here are a few things you can do build trust with your customers:Define your returns or replacement policy: Having a clearly defined returns or replacement policy positively influences a customer’s purchase intentions. Nearly 79% of online customers want to know the conditions for returns or replacement before making a purchase.
Having reviews on product listings boost the trust factor: Customer testimonials, help you establish credibility among your customers. Reviews from existing customers help new customers perceive your product or service in a positive light. And, it shows that as a brand you are open to feedback.
- Reduce shopping cart abandonment: Shopping cart abandonment is when shoppers add items to a website’s shopping cart but leave without finishing the transaction. Some of the ways to reduce shopping cart abandonment are: you can avoid redirecting them after adding to cart, allow users to update their carts (add more products or change quantity), reiterate value prop, limit exit points during the conversion flow. You can also send reminder emails to customers to return to their carts.
- Make sure product descriptions are readable: Make sure your product descriptions have everything that customers need to know. To make content easy to skim, list the benefits in bullet points. The descriptions need not be fancy but should definitely be self-explanatory. Outline what a product does and what are its unique features and you are good to go.
E-commerce digital marketing services
The competition in the world of eCommerce is pretty fierce. You need strategic digital marketing to make a mark for your business. Learning and perfecting the art of managing digital marketing campaigns take time and effort. As a full- service digital marketing agency we can help your business stand out from the rest. We will take care of all your marketing needs so that you can focus on running your business.
In today’s world, it’s hard for businesses to imagine being online without a social media presence. However, merely having a social media account will not help you get followers and leads. Whether it’s on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter you need to step up your social media game to cultivate your brand, improve customer service, engage your audience and at the end meet your business goals.
We have put together a few tips that will help you build a better social media presence:
- Choose the right social media platforms: Just because there is a social media channel doesn’t mean your business has to be on it. Not all social media channels have the same purpose and the same audience. While Facebook is a great place to generate B2C leads and create brand awareness, LinkedIn is great for B2B lead generation and networking. We can help you analyse the right platforms for your business and the content ideas to engage with the audience. As a full-service digital marketing agency, we will successfully integrate social media into your marketing mix.
- Focus on customer service: Many customers these days turn to social media when they need help from brands. They prefer to get in touch with the brand on social media rather than waiting for them to reply to an email. Ensure that your brand has an authentic conversation when dealing with the customer’s query or complaint.
- Be careful with trends: To improve social media presence, many businesses take advantage of popular social media trends. But it’s important for them to carefully use trending hashtags or memes. They don’t overdo it or for the sake of doing it. They could even help your post go viral. Use trending hashtags or memes in such a way that they relate to your business. If you want to use trending topics to your advantage, we can help you with the tools that will help you see what’s trending.
- Find your voice: The last thing people want on social media is a brand that is just busy promoting its products. Use social media as a tool for engagement and communication. Keep the conversations authentic and real. Find a brand voice that interacts with your audience because you don’t want to come across a faceless corporation. Get personal with the audience by behind-the-scenes photos or your team’s photos or find inspiring content ideas that align well with your business
- Actively engage with your audience: Leverage the power of visual content to actively engage with your audience. Remember cultivating social media presence takes time and patience. Sharing user-generated content is also a great way to increase engagement.
Social media is continually becoming a powerful online marketing place for companies and brands. However, businesses are still looking at social media in isolation. As a full- service digital marketing agency we can help you link social media with your marketing activities.
You all know that content marketing is important for your business. Not only does it help you connect with the audience, but it also helps to improve conversions and generate leads. However, in today’s marketing landscape, you need engaging and high-quality content to make an impact. But for this, you need to have a strategic approach towards content. Merely, generating content is not going to fetch you good results. You need content that suits your specific business and target audience.
Over here we discuss how your business can build an effective and winning content marketing strategy that creates real presence:
- Know your goals: Start with the end so that you know what you want to achieve from your content. Is it lead nurturing? Or lead generation? Or building brand awareness and affinity? Instead of producing and publishing content simply for the sake of doing it, document your goals and create a content plan that’s aligned to them.
- Develop reader persona: Is your content plan targeted to the right audience. To be relevant to your customer base, you need to understand who they are. In simple words, find your target audience. There can be several personas of your target audience, identify them to create relevant content.
- Consider all types of content: When people talk about content they often think of blog posts or lengthy articles. But that is just one facet of the content plan. Podcasting, info-graphics, visual content, ebooks, webinars, and social media posts can all be part of your content marketing strategy. To remain meaningful and relevant in today’s noisy marketing space, try all content types and see what works best for you.
- Plan your editorial calendar: A winning content marketing strategy needs preparation and planning. Having an editorial calendar will help you keep track of which activity needs to be done at which stage. Knowing when to post which content is a crucial part of the content strategy. If you need help in planning your editorial calendar, hire a digital marketing agency.
- Know the basics of SEO: Understanding the basics of search engine optimization will help you broaden your reach. SEO has changed over the last few years. Stuffing keywords may seem easy and tempting but it will no longer help your content. Following the best practices like creating expert content that will get a mention from reputed sites, proper interlinking, and adding proper meta tags can help your site content rank higher.
- Revisit your strategy: The truth about content strategy is that it’s always evolving. You have to tweak your plans and align with the ever-changing content marketing landscape. See what your competitors are doing. Reassess your content strategy and plan what different can you do with your content.
To run an appropriate content marketing campaign, you need resources. You need an expert internal team good in different areas such as SEO, social media, copy-writing, and analytics. Hiring a digital marketing agency can help you navigate through the different aspects of content marketing easily without having to dedicate your human resources.